Thursday, August 13, 2009

On the Closing of PLP - The Potential of Networks

As I read about the closing of PLP, Professional Leaders Project. My thoughts are with my terrifically talented colleagues Rhoda Weisman and Sarah Meyers. I deeply believe that the impact of PLP and other network focused organizations like it, will be felt for a long long time in the Jewish community. Though a program closes, the relationships that were created will continue to bear fruit.

I wonder if funders and stakeholders realize that with a small sustained investment, by way of a network weaver http://networkweaver.blogspot.com/, the community can continue to harvest the fruits that have been cultivated during the years of operation.

I hope that organizations can take the time to articulate and honor their future legacy and maybe even put in place simple self-sustaining mechanism for these networks to live on be it a self-sustaining facebook group, a delicious tag or other electronic connection.

In a day of self organizing communities and social capital garnered from long term ongoing connections, the story is just beginning to unfold.

Stay in touch!

Naava

No comments:

Post a Comment