- Help strengthen the community
- Help individuals members get to know each other
- Help new or peripheral members connect with the community and its tools
- Help the community fine-tune its learning activities to meet the needs of members
Part I. 15-20 minute phone call
- What CoP work do you do?
- Let me tell you what I do? A practice I am proud of, a challenge I am facing.
- Share 2 or 3 ways I use Kehilliyot
- How are you using Kehilliyot? Are you comfortable with the technology? Are learning activities working for you? Phone calls, Topics? Listserv?
- Who else do you know or are you contact with from Kehilliyot?
Part II. 2-3 contact points over the next 2-3 months (over email or phone)
- Connect over a resource shared (what did you think of the last email… I thought it might apply to your work)
- Ask how is it going?
- Send a resource you think might be of help
- Summarize a call they missed
- Share a problem or success of yours
- Inquire/follow-up about a problem they shared in the first conversation
- Respond to their posting
- Introduce them to someone else
- Ask to be introduced to someone else
Possible Hebrew terms for this role:
- Kashran (connector)
- Arev (a responsible community member – traditional Judaic texts)
- Oreg (weaver – modern Hebrew translation of weaver)
Let us know if you try this and how it works.